February 19, 2011

The Ultimate Snack

POPCORN!!!!   I made this batch last night and it was delicious like always!

Popcorn has always been the favorite snack for my family and I.  We grew up making it all the time...always homemade of course.  Growing up we made it on the stove in what was solely the popcorn pot.  A little oil to cover the bottom, throw the seeds in and keep it covered and moving until it stops popping.  After dumping it into what was solely the popcorn bowl (this is a sensitive subject) the butter was always melted immediately in the same pot and then drizzled over the delicious kernels.  To finish it off, we added some salt, tossed, and repeated until perfection had been reached.

This was typical popcorn in our house, and the tradition continues, but this time with a stir crazy instead of a popcorn pot.  And still the same bowl, for me anyways, since I kind of "inherited" it from my dad.  And by inherited I of course mean begged for it. If you don't have a stir crazy, get one because they are super convenient and it still has the same homemade flavor.  Also, salt and butter sometimes just isn't enough.  You need to change it up once in a while.  Soooo.....

My all time favorite popcorn has......real butter, salt, and fresh lemon squeezed over it.

AMAZING!

Other favorites among my family..

Sugar
Brewer's Yeast
Parmesan Cheese
Seasoning Salt

Give them a try!!

Oh, and PS.  Be sure to use White Popcorn.  Not that yellow stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Butter, salt, lemon, hot sauce.

    Butter, Lawry's, sugar

    Butter, salt, pepper (Adam's fave)

    You could drizzle popcorn with rat spit and I would probably eat it.

    ReplyDelete