February 16, 2011

Hello Wisconsin!


As this is my first post I would love to give you some insight to my vision for this blog. My favorite thing about food is its variety, and I would love to share my experiences with this variety with all of you. Also, as a Wisconsin native, I would like to introduce those who are not, into some of our all time Sconnie favorites.

I am amazed by the way a single food can be prepared. Grilled chicken, roasted chicken, fried chicken, chicken soup, chicken salad, chicken pie....... and on and on and on. On top of that each way of cooking can be changed, transformed, and tweeked by adding more of this, less of that, pair it with pasta, potatoes, rice, veggies, top it with gravy, glaze, salsa etc. Every single combination has a completely different taste, smell, and texture, and leaves me with a different feeling inside. This is why I'm always up for trying new foods, even if they scare me at first.

Growing up in Wisconsin gave my family its set of traditional foods. Some delicious like cottage cheese pancakes, and tater tot casserole, and some not so yummy like sauerkraut noodles, and pickled herring. Ulgh...

Every family has their own traditions passed down from their parents' parents' parents' and I'm sure many have been tweeked as I mentioned before. My intention is to share some of my favorite meals, new inventions, and my opinion of the best and not so great places to dine out.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, awesome blog! The mix of restaurant reviews, recipes and market musings is really nice. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete