June 18, 2012

HELP!!!

Hey, it's been a while I know, but I'm trying to get back into blogging on a regular basis, and right now I need your help!  It's sooooo hot in my apartment and we try to avoid running our portable AC because it really can only cool one room at a time and it uses a good chunk of electricity. 

This means that cooking in our 3rd floor flat becomes an extremely hot, uncomfortable task.  I'm begging you for some dinner recipes that can be made without ANY cooking.  Have a good gazpacho recipe?  Hand it over!  Hearty salads with a good amount of protein?  I'll take it!  We're dying here people!  (not literally, but almost).

Hope to hear from you all soon!  Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Well, the other day I bought a rotisserie chicken from work (5 bucks on Tuesdays) and picked it off the bone when I got home and cooled it in the fridge overnight. The next day, I made a dressing with plain greek yogurt, mayo, CURRY POWDER, salt and pepper, added it to some of the picked chicken with some raisins and chopped almonds and put it on a wrap with spinach or lettuce or whatever crunchy thing you have around...I have been eating that all week!!! So yummy!! :) And NOOOO cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could probably do this with canned tuna, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a recipe I just tried the other day and it was delish and you can add a little cilantro or some peppers to give it a little extra zip. And you can do the shallots in the microwave in a bowl w/ olive oil. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-soup/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precooked shrimp with cannelini or white beans with pesto, serve with baguette or other crusty bread on the side

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wraps with items such as tuna, smoked salmon, canned or rotisserie chicken, and fill with crispy lettuce or crunchy veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this the other day as a side dish, but you could add whatever you'd like to make it a main dish or put it in a wrap:
    Dice up tomato, cucumber and zucchini, add 1/4 C. rice vinegar, pinch of sugar, salt to taste and 1/2 T dried cilantro. Let stand at room temp for 20 min or so, stirring occasionally. Serve at room temp or chill for later!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all of your suggestions!!! It is very helpful! I can't wait to try some of these dishes!

    ReplyDelete