May 06, 2011

MmmmmmmMaharaja!

Though I can't claim that Maharaja has the best Indian food in Madison (since it's the only Indian restaurant I've been to in Madison) I will say that it is AMAZING and it is the best Indian food I've ever had.


I have been here twice now, and the last time I was there I got a vegetarian dish and was recommended to have the Navarattan Korma which was mixed vegetables cooked with cream, herbs, and cashews.  

It. Was. Amazing.

I don't even know how else to say it or describe it, but the flavor was so good and I couldn't stop eating it.

Here it is in this picture (it's the closest one).

I went this time with my sister Tanya, my Aunt Dotty, my cousin Clare, and my husband AJ.  We all got something different and then put them in the middle so everyone could share.  Luckily my sister and aunt also got vegetarian dishes.  Everything was awesome and the waiter was so funny.

My cousin is the pickiest eater and she even loved her dish.

The setup of the restaurant is the only thing that I think could be improved, but I think they do ok with the space they have.  I felt however, that there wasn't a lot of privacy.  There are a lot of tables in a small space and there is no separation, booths or much for decor.  They try their best to set the mood, and the space is clean, so it really wasn't that bad.  Plus the waiter really made up for it.  We had a great time here.

And the best part???   Hot towels after dinner!!  Ahhhhh..... Bliss.

I recommend this to anyone who likes, or wants to try Indian Food.  They also have a lunch buffet that I haven't tried yet.

Update: Lunch Buffet = awesome

2 comments:

  1. Julianne, as far as the setup of the restaurant, it sounds EXACTLY like the Indian Restaurant we went to in downtown Woodstock, NY with Jim, June, et al. It must just be the culture. We also shared all of our dishes and really made it a family affair. It was my first time ever trying Indian food, as was Daniels, and we are both eager to try it again! So...next time we are in MadTown...guess where we are going?

    ReplyDelete