May 10, 2011

Saturday Mornings In Madtown

Check out our treasures from a normal Saturday at the Farmer’s Market. 

Since it is still early in the season there isn’t much produce, and it has been a little slow traffic wise, but I will keep you updated as to what comes in.  I get so excited and love supporting our local farmers. 

2011-04-23 10.34.52

Here we have small sweet potatoes (which have made delicious fries), portabella and white button mushrooms, salad greens, a tomato, some beef jerky for AJ, cheese curds, banana bread and a cinnamon roll for breakfast!

Produce wise, this is all that is really at the market right now, so I’ve really been taking advantage of the awesome mushrooms!  They are so delicious!  I made an awesome portabella burger with them.

Also, there are a lot of flowers, plants, honey, syrup, organic and grass-fed meats, and bakery items right now, but soon I will be able to get most of my produce here instead of going to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment