April 11, 2011

Breakfast Tradition

Whenever these are made or talked about in our family, the reaction of outsiders is usually, "Ewwww" or "Wait, what did you say?"  These -- my friends -- are Cottage Cheese Pancakes and boy are they delicious!

2011-04-10 10.06.42

Ingredients

4 eggs

1/2 cup of flour ( I used whole wheat flour)

1/4 stick melted butter

1 cup cottage cheese

pinch of salt

 

Easy huh?  Combine all the ingredients and there's your batter!  There's debate in the family of what toppings are the best.  My favorite is the traditional maple syrup.

Other Toppings that are just as delicious:

Powdered Sugar

Cinnamon Sugar

Any mix of the three

Take a chance on these.  They might sound gross at first, but I promise, everyone who was skeptical has ended up loving them.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OMG WANT!!!!!

    I still haven't turned Adam onto them. I think I should get up early one day, so he doesn't know I'm making them and then shove them down his throat.

    Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that might work! The smell of them will get him too. I was making them and AJ was like omg it smells so good in here!! :)

    ReplyDelete